Y’all, can we just have a quick chat about bourbon? The leaves are changing, the weather is cooling down and in the South (and hopefully everywhere else) that means reaching for the bourbon. Ranging from refreshing cocktails to a deeper (and boozier) taste, you are bound to find a bourbon cocktail you’ll love in this town. Below are 8 that you should keep and eye out for.
If you’re more of a bourbon sipper and are looking for the spots with deep lists, check out this post.You’ll find some of our favorites, including H. Harper Station, Little Alley Steak and Southern Art.
So, belly up to the bar and order one of these with confidence and slight Southern drawl:
- Roots Radicals The Pinewood: Four Roses Bourbon, Sugar Beet, Angostura, Luxardo Maraschino, Lime, Griotte Cherry
- Autumn Evening Woodfire Grill: Wathen’s Bourbon, Amaro Nonino, Kronan Swedish punsch, Angostura bitters
- David Hazel-hoff Local Three: Hazelnut infused Rittenhouse, Averna, spiced brown sugar syrup, orange bitters
- Jaded Soul Seven Lamps: Angel’s Envy Bourbon, Chamomile Liqueur, Yzaguire Dry Vermouth, Lemon Bitters
- The Third Wife Ecco: Ridgemont Reserve 1792, a bit of orange, and some bubbling brut
- Fireside Rye Cypress Street Pint and Plate: Bulleit rye, bourbon macerated cranberry simple syrup, ginger beer
- Manhattan The Establishment: Bourbon, Barolo Chinato Cocchi, Bitters. Aged at least 2 weeks in White Oak Barrels
- Cider ‘N Rye Table & Main: Old Overholt Rye, Angry Orchards Cider, bitters
And special shout out to The Ritz-Carlton Buckhead, who offers Bow Ties and Bourbon every Friday from 6 – 7 PM. While you’re sipping your Bourbon, their experts will show you how to tie the perfect bow tie. And really, outside of a nice seersucker suit, it doesn’t get much more Southern.